Daylight Savings Time – What Can You Do With an Extra Hour?
It’s that time of year again… time to “spring forward” by setting the clock ahead one hour. Before you get all panicky thinking about losing an hour of sleep in an already too-short day, remember that moving your clock forward actually gives you an extra hour of daylight to enjoy!
Longer daylight hours generally give us more time to do the things we want to do. So, what will you do with that extra hour of daylight? There are a lot of things you could probably think of that you need to do. But extra time is like found money, it’s a windfall that you can use on something you just want, without feeling guilty.
So, here are some guilt-free suggestions on how to use that extra time.
What can you do in an hour?
The importance of taking time just to relax has been backed up by scientific studies. Just a few of the benefits of relaxation include:
- Lowering the heart rate
- Boosting the immune system
- Decreasing feelings of irritability, anger, or impatience
- Improving memory, focus, other brain functions
So, what can you do to relax?
- Visit a local museum, art gallery, or arboretum and just drink in the tranquil atmosphere. You might even learn something new at the same time!
- Schedule a full body massage to ease all the built-up tension in your muscles. You’ll feel like a different person afterward.
- Fill the tub with hot water and some fragrant aromatherapy oil or fun bubbles and just soak away your stress.
Do something healthy
Unfortunately, the one thing that usually gets put on the back burner in a busy schedule are things that have to do with our personal health. So, here is a chance to do something good for yourself.
- Take an hour to prepare and pack healthy lunches for the week. You’ll save money and won’t be tempted to buy convenient but unhealthy fast food alternatives. Here are some great suggestions for quick and healthy lunches to pack.
- Take a yoga or dance class, work in the garden, or just take a walk outside – anything that will get you moving. Many people work at a job that involves sitting at a desk all week and recent studies have shown the danger of being sedentary for long periods. So, do whatever you enjoy that gets you up and moving. You might be surprised at how much better you will feel!
Enhance your appearance
Nothing makes you feel better than knowing you are looking good. And really, it doesn’t take much time to do something special to enhance the way you look. In just 60 minutes you could:
- Have a manicure and pedicure. Our hands and feet take a beating and are often one of the most neglected parts of our body. This is true for both men and women. Many salons have comfortable massage chairs you can enjoy while your digits and tootsies get some much-needed attention.
- Whiten your teeth. With modern whitening methods, it’s possible to get professional whitening at your dentist’s office in just an hour. Nothing will enhance your appearance so quickly and dramatically as brightening up your smile!
What would you do?
So, what can you do with an extra hour of daylight? A lot! We’ve outlined a few things, but we’re sure you can come up with some more. Tell us about what you could do with an extra hour in the comments below. We’d like to hear your suggestions!
Posted with permission. Source: https://www.quickdentalanswers.com/daylight-savings-extra-hour/