Camp Lucy | A Free 10-Day Camp for Middle School Girls
Is your middle school child in need of something to do this summer? A great option to look at is Camp Lucy…Click to learn more in a new window … . It’s a FREE girl-centered camp that teaches social, emotional, and life skills through rowing.
Camp Coach For This Summer
Gem, Vince‘s daughter, will be coaching this summer. She started rowing with Pocock Rowing Center…Click to learn more in a new window … six years ago (in 7th grade) and has been involved with Camp Lucy for the past 10 months. She was asked to help pilot and coach for Camp Lucy during her senior year of high school.
It has been a joy for Fidler on the Tooth to watch Gem grow into the beautiful, smart, and wonderful role model she’s become today. When asked about rowing, she said:
“I do it because during my first year in the rowing world, I was the only person of color on my small team. As I grew older a few more trickled in so I wanted to make Pocock a safe space for POC and people of different backgrounds. During my senior year, I helped start the first Diversity and Inclusion group at the boathouse. “
What You Need to Know About Camp Lucy
Here are some key things to know about Camp Lucy:
- 10-day camp (August 22 – September 2) which includes workshops, games, and life skill development
- 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM every day
- For middle school girls. Inclusive of non-binary, trans, and gender non-conforming youth
- Each participant will get snacks and lunches, a Camp Lucy t-shirt, a sports bra, and all equipment & supplies needed for activities
- Transportation support is available
- Did we mention it’s FREE?
To learn more and register, visit: https://www.pocockfoundation.org/camp-lucy …Click to learn more in a new window …