3 Reasons to Love Your Smile and Share it
Are you self-conscious of, or perhaps embarrassed by the state of your pearly whites? If you answered in the affirmative, then likely you’re striving to keep your grin on low profile. Doing so, however, means you’re missing out on some of the more precious facets of living.
Consider these areas:
The Power of a Smile
1. Boosts Self-Confidence — Regardless of your age, smiling triggers muscles that lift the face, making you appear increasingly vibrant, youthful, and healthy. Being fond of your smile keeps you focused on the joy of the moment, not distracted with thoughts of how to hide it. The more you smile the happier and more confident you are likely to feel. Such a positive response is likely to promote even more smiling!
2. Promotes Good Health — The health benefits of smiling are undisputed. Despite the anxieties of daily life, the act of smiling can help drastically improve your own mood. Studies have proven that laughter and smiling are enormously effective at relieving stress, boosting the immune system, lowering blood pressure, and protecting the heart against disease.
3. Improves Social Status — A person who smiles carries happiness with them. Your attractive smile is capable of lifting others moods, lending them joy. Haven’t you witnessed a smile being contagious? It’s an appealing quality worthy of sharing. If you are a person known for your smile and laughter, others will inevitably find themselves drawn to you. This helps break down social barriers and creates an environment conducive for developing friendships.
In fact, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) highlights the significance of an appealing smile, and of bestowing it on others:
- 99.7% of adults feel an attractive smile is a very important social asset.
- 96% claim an unattractive smile on the opposite sex makes that person much less appealing.
- 74% believed an unattractive smile could be detrimental to maintaining success in their career.
Transform Your Smile-ability
If you are less-than thrilled with the current state of your teeth and gums, you could be missing out on so many of the benefits of smiling. We offer numerous modern options under the care of top dentist in Seattle, Dr. Fidler who can help transform your smile from drab to fab! Some of these include:
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
- Professional teeth whitening
- Composite fillings
- Porcelain crowns
Start enjoying the benefits an attractive, healthy smile can bring your life by contacting us today!
It’s time to “Share”: What aspect of your smile do you most look forward to having improved?