WE ARE CURRENTLY OPEN!
Due to COVID-19, all of our lives have recently changed and we are settling into our “new normals.” However, one thing that has not changed is our dedication to the health and safety of our valued patients and team. Your visits are going to look a little different than before, hopefully for a temporary period of time, so we wanted to give you some information to explain what to expect.
- Please note ALL visits are now subject to a $20 fee for the safety equipment and special precautions being taken to maintain the safety of our patients, their families, and our team. Unfortunately, this is not covered by insurance and is in addition to any fees normally associated with your visit. If insurance companies decide to help with these additional costs of keeping everyone safe, we will adjust your fee accordingly.
- We ask that you try to be on-time for your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if you are late for more than 10 minutes. We want to make sure we are adequately able to implement proper safety measures without rushing your appointment.
- If you are currently scheduled for an appointment, expect that the day or time may change and may take longer than normal to accommodate our new schedule.
- Our team will be contacting each patient via text, email, or phone 3-4 days before the scheduled appointment to ask COVID-19 screening questions. The same questions will also be asked once you are in the office. For instructions on how to do this online, see below.
- Once you arrive at the office, please text us at 206-310-9700 from your car and we will check you in. Please remain in your car until we call or text you when we have your room ready. Please note, this text number is used for appointment check-in only and nothing else.
- At this time only those patients with scheduled appointments can come into the office. We will be asking other friends/family members to wait in their car, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Emergencies are welcome but please call us- we will see patients with appointments only.
- We will take temperatures of all patients/caregiver upon entering office using a touchless thermometer-if temp is over 100.4°F, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Any patients/caregivers are required to wear a mask and also will need to answer pre-screening questions.
- We will have hand sanitizer in waiting area for patients to utilize as soon as they enter the office.
- Patients will be asked to use an oral rinse, hydrogen peroxide or IoRinse, to lower bacterial and viral counts prior to evaluation.
- We will be disinfecting high touch areas every half hour.
- Extended appointment time to ensure adequate social distancing of all patients.
- Our team members will undergo daily health screenings and temperature checks 2 times a day. They will be sent home if experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or temp exceeds 100.4°F.
- Team members in contact with patients will be wearing enhanced PPE to meet or exceed current State and Federal requirements and guidelines.
- Sneeze guards will be at the check in and check out areas of front desk.
- Signs will be posted around the office with appropriate coughing and hand washing etiquette.
- Our office will be kept at a cooler temperature because of the extra PPE our team will be wearing, please plan accordingly.
- Taping of the floor to show appropriate social distancing requirements.
- Patients experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness (low-grade fever, body aches, coughing, nasal congestion, runny nose, and sore throat) are encouraged to contact our office to reschedule their appointments. We will NOT be enforcing late cancellation fees for illness at this time.
- Please inform us right away if you experience COVID-19 symptoms up to 14 days after your appointment.
- Some things you will NOT see in our office:
- Use of Chlorhexidine as a pre-rinse—this rinse is not effective on Coronavirus
We appreciate your understanding, support and cooperation in keeping you, your family and our team members healthy. We look forward to seeing your smiling face(under a mask)!
Dr. Fidler, Dr. Wang and the Fidler on the Tooth team
ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS FOR COVID-19 PRE-SCREENING: (To be done 4 days, or less, before appointment)
- Go to https://www.ident.ws/template_include/new_patient_sign_in.do?site=10382&practiceId=35601
- Enter your name and date of appointment, then hit the submit button
- Click on Pre- appointment Screening Covid-19 form
- Fill out the form and hit the submit button (the new patient information form will pop-up automatically but you can ignore if you are not a new patient).
Here’s what to expect at your next dental appointment: